soccer jersey forums.silverfrost.com :: View topic - Windows 7: dialog controls disappear
forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 7: dialog controls disappear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Windows 7: dialog controls disappear Reply with quote

Hello!
A customer of mine using FTN95 v6.00 has created a ClearWin app that works on Windows XP & Vista properly. But, under Windows 7 almost all controls in a dialog window have disappeared. He sent me two screen shots (unfortunately PDFs such that I cannot include them) showing the same dialog containing a caption, some texts, a group box, a single edit box and 3 buttons running under Vista. Under Windows 7 only the caption, the edit box and the grouping rectangle are displayed.
Any idea what could be the reason?

Kind regards,

J�rg Kuthe
www.qtsoftware.com
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any thoughts on this.

Given some code for a program, I could run a test for you.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jorg,

I'm interested in this one. The Clearwin code wouldn't seem to be too complicated to post here.

Is it by any chance that the colour choice is the same as the background, so the missing elements are simply invisible? Alternatively, has a font been selected that is unavailable on his Windows 7 machine? Occasionally, one does daft things like setting controls to appear one way with XP, and another way with Vista (e.g. by testing with

Code:
      CALL GET_OS_VER@ (ID_Platform, Major, Minor)

and forgetting that there could be a later version (Major=5 for XP, 6 for Vista and 7 for Windows 7, so one might test for .LE. 5 and .EQ. 6 and then be puzzled at the outcome in 7)

As an aside, I'm very impressed with my Windows 7. In particular %th[ms_style] comes out well. The default font is Segoe UI, which changes the spacing of some dialogs, but responds better to scaling than things I've used before. I've yet to discover anything that works with XP that doesn't with Windows 7 (Except for my old FTN95 SLINK - I'm using the PE until I can get round to upgrading after the Easter holidays).

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: