Joined: 31 Oct 2006
|Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:44 am Post subject: SDBG64 quits abruptly when asked to restart
|The test program provided below used in a certain way in SDBG64 (Version 8.70) causes the debugger to quit unexpectedly. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem.
1. Download and unpack (preserving directory structure) the source files from https://www.dropbox.com/s/kk8s0aixliwzkzy/c2d.zip?dl=0 .
2. Build with /64 /debug and link.
3. Open the EXE generated in the preceding step using SDBG64. In the debugger, place a write breakpoint on the array element B(1).
4. Run. The program will stop on line 272 of Watflow.f90, which contains
b(:numnp) = 0.D0
5. Restart the program within the debugger, letting breakpoints be preserved. After a few seconds, the debugger will close all windows and quit.
Note: The test code was obtained by deleting not-yet-executed lines from the full source code, and thus contains lots of declarations for variables that are not used in the subprograms that make up the package. Please ignore any warnings from the compiler regarding all these declared-but-not-used variables.