forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with integration of Salford with VS2003 in vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qiuk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: problem with integration of Salford with VS2003 in vista Reply with quote

I installed Salford FTN including the integration with Visual Studio 2003 in Vista system. When I tried to open an FTN project in Visual Studio 2003, there was a runtime error and VS closed automatically. Have anybody had experience with it?

Thanks!
qiuk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: addition: version Reply with quote

My Salford FORTRAN is version 5.01
Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been seen from time to time with Visual Studio 2003 and is unlikely to be Vista specific. It seems to be caused by the installer failing, but not reporting the error.

The best thing to try is here is a re-installation of the plugin. You can uninstall the plugin from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. It is possible to extract the plugin from the installer bundle by using a zip utility such as 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org) or winzip/winrar etc. You will see 3 .msi files for different versions of Visual Studio and should obviously pick the one for 2003.

In addition, you should ensure that you are installing with administrative privileges in Vista. If you have run the whole installer then you should have been prompted to allow the installer elevated privileges, if you are running the msi direct, then you may need to explicitly allow this. Believe it or not, one of the methods Microsoft use to identify installers (even msi's!) is to see if the filename contains the string 'setup'. You should rename the extracted msi to make sure that 'setup' is specified within the name somewhere.
qiuk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I got only one file for installation (ftn95-full) and could not find the three msi files.

Please let me know more detail about it.
Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can extract the installer file using a zip utility - it is a self extracting zip and therefore can also be used like any other zip file. You will probably need to open your zip program and then open the installer file within in.
qiuk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I can set up a new project or open an existing project now.

However, new problems came. When I tried to create an executive file under "debug win32", I was told that it could not do that. Although under "debug.NET" I can build the solution.
Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where exactly are you trying to build the file? Do you have rights to write to that directory?
qiuk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have right to write to that directory.

I'm using a simplest example to write a sentence on the screen. Now matter I set up a new FTN95 project or open an existing FTN95 project my collegue created on his XP system machine, if I want to use "debug win32" and press F5 to start, I was told it could not create an executable file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: