forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ERROR: The executable does not exist? Please advise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technophobe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: ERROR: The executable does not exist? Please advise Reply with quote

Hello Folks,

My laptop is in for repair at the moment so I'm working from my desktop machine (which is usually reserved for watching movies and surfing the net).

I installed FTN95 and have been trying to write some code - there's a problem, however in that every time I try to build & start a code I get the error message "ERROR: The executable does not exist" and the program will not run. I have formatted my desktop machine so it's just barebones, windows xp (plus a few critical upgrades) FTN95 and matlab and the problem continues.

I have installed FTN95 into the default folder on the C: drive and the programs I want to run are stored in my work folder - on the D: drive. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem. I've tried re-installing FTN95 and this hasn't fixed the problem.

I have also tried writing a new code from scratch (the standard "hello world" intro code) and this will not run either. The problem, it seems, isn't caused by the programes themselves but by the way my computer is currently set up.

If someone could let me know where I'm going wrong I'd be very grateful,

Many thanks,
B
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to run the executable from Plato?
Is the executable being created (if you are not creating a project, look in the folder that contains the program file)?

Try doing something simple from a command line in a DOS box...

FTN95 prog.f90 /lgo
technophobe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,
The problem seems to be something to do with using the checkmate option and the .net framework. When I use the win32 option it seems to work ok.

I was trying to execute the file in plato3 and didn't think to try changing the win32/.net option until just now.

I'll try re-installing the .net files and see what happens,
B
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should use Win32 unless you need the .NET features.

.NET requires the Microsoft .NET framework.
The debugger for .NET in incorporated into the FTN95 plug-in for Visual Studio. You cannot use Plato (or SDBG) for this purpose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: