forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

keyboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yujsg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: keyboard Reply with quote

Dear all,

I am trying to write a subroutine in Clearwin FTN95, which can return the same two-byte keycode (scan code + ASCII code) as "GET_EXTENDED_CHAR@" in FTN77 for DOS. I am trying to use "ADD_KEYBOARD_MONITOR@" with call-back functions containing CLEARWIN_INFO@('KEYBOARD_KEY'). But it returns either a scan code (if high byte is 1) or an ASCII code (if high byte is 0). Is there a way that I could get both key codes at the same time? Then I can combine them together.

For the routine "FEED_WKEYBOARD@(KEY,ERROR)", it takes only the ASCII code for the key to be inserted. But for function keys, their ASCII codes are 0, how can we feed them into the keyboard buffer? Thanks.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no quick and easy answer to this question.

The recommended approach is to provide keyboard input via winio@ and %rd or %rf or %rs etc.

It is possible to mirror the old DOS approach but it can be very tricky (others may have more experience of this). Are you sure you have to go down this route?

I think I have already listed the available functions in this forum. Try a search in this forum using the name of one of the DOS routines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: