forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mouse scroll wheel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanLambley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Mouse scroll wheel Reply with quote

In a %gr window, is there some way to respond to mouse scroll wheel movements?

Ian

PS I notice from time to time you supply someone with an intermediate update for salflibc.dll. Can anyone download these from somewhere?
JohnHorspool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

Yes there is, this has been posted previously, a search for "Mouse wheel events in clearwin" should get you the correct thread which contains code to do this.

regards
John
JohnHorspool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the URL:-

http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?p=1976#1976
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Do you also need full_mouse_input to enable the scrolling response ? such as in:

i = winio@ ('%`^gr[grey, rgb_colours, full_mouse_input]&', &
w_width, w_depth, w_handle, mouse_back_func)

Or would the non-mouse interupt below support the %mg interrupt.

i = winio@ ('%`gr[grey, rgb_colours]&', &
w_width, w_depth, w_handle)

I want to detect the mouse scroll, determine where the mouse is on the screen and then zoom in/out about that point on the screen.
It is also an advantage not to have full_mouse_input enabled, as this reduces the number of call-backs to be handled.

My reading of the %mg help may suggest that %mg and full_mouse_input may clash ? If you have a simple example of the capturing of the scroll wheel with %mg, it would be greatly appreciated.

regards John
JohnHorspool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Quote:
Do you also need full_mouse_input to enable the scrolling response ?

- No you don't, the non-mouse interrupt works fine with %mg.

As always I don't have a simple example, but I did take a look at my code and found the following :-

IF (K_GDI.EQ.1) THEN

C GDI graphics

i=winio@('%`^gr[rgb_colours,black,user_resize,
* full_mouse_input]&',IX_PC,IY_PC,IHNDL,CALLBACK)

ELSE

C OpenGL graphics

i=winio@('%`^og[double,depth16,USER_RESIZE]&'
* ,IX_PC,IY_PC,IHNDL,opengl_proc)

END IF

The scroll wheel routine works the same with either GDI or OpenGL graphics. I removed full_mouse_input from %gr and found that this had no effect on the scroll wheel which I also use to zoom in and out. The conclusion is that %mg is not effected by any particular graphics configuration.

cheers
John
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John H,

Thanks for your advice. Last night I did experiment with both mouse interrupts and scroll wheel interupts. I soon got them to work and it is resonably straight forward.

Full mouse input is not required, but without it I do first need to select a point for zooming to.
Having two seperate interrupt routines for different parts of the mouse appears odd, but works fine. There is no appearence of a clash.

I did find an interesting effect of the scroll wheel, when if I scroll too fast, I sometimes appear to get multiple screen updates overwriting the screen. I may have to test if an update is in progress, especially where the screen paint takes a while.

The experimenting also got me to provide a bit more flexibility with mouse selection, which works better for zooming in, while the scroll wheel provides a convenient way of zooming out.

Your example code has again reminded me of OpenGL, which you find very effective.

I still find it amazing what you can do in fortran with clearwin+ ! ( and no C variety to worry about )

Thanks again for your advice.

regards John C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: