forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Show PARAMETERS in variables window

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Show PARAMETERS in variables window Reply with quote

Strictly speaking I think this is more of a SDBG issue, but as 95% of my use of SDBG these days is from within Plato, I beg leave to raise it here ... the "Show PARAMETERS in variables window" option within SDBG seems to have stopped working. Checked or unchecked, it has no effect on my variables window, which refuses to show any PARAMETERs. I just tried this with two projects, one complex and one simple, with SDBG standalone and under control of Plato. Same result every time. Has this option been removed intentionally and the menu not updated, or is there something wrong here not by design?
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two requirements for parameters to be shown in sdbg:

1. The 'Show PARAMETERs in variables window' must be ticked
2. The file must have been compiled with /full_debug. Using /debug alone will not include parameters.

I have just tried an example from the command-line and it worked as expected. If you are unsure which compile time options are in force you can get a list of them by producing a listing file (/LIST) -- the compiler options in force are shown at the top of the file.
sparge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,

Thanks for that clear summary. I did know about the requirement for full_debug. For some reason, I occasionally get it into my head that checkmate and full_debug are the same thing. This was one of those occasions. Sorry.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: