forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some VS 2005 debugger issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Some VS 2005 debugger issues Reply with quote

I've noticed a few things that crop up from time to time when doing Win32 debugging in VS 2005:

. Setting a conditional breakpoint while currently debugging seems to consistenly cause VS to crash.

. A similar thing happens when trying to use the memory window.

. Is there any way of adjusting the range of array items displayed in the debugger along the lines of sdbg - it currently only lists the first 1000 entries which isn't great for large 2D arrays ?

. I sometimes find that the debugger gets the size and/or type of arrays of abstract data types wrong (allocatable ones) when passed into procedures. Typically the array bounds go way out or the array type is shown as an integer rather than the correct abstact type. The code runs perfectly well so it's only a debugger issue - unfortunately when I try to shrink the program down to a reasonable size for an example, the problem disappears so I can't really provide any concrete help at the moment, sorry, I was just wondering whether any similar issues have been seen.

Alan
Robert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can reproduce the crash when setting a conditional (or hitcount) breakpoint after the program is running. The odd thing is that it is the same code that runs for an unconditional breakpoint and that works fine. I cannot get a memory window to appear on the menus...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: