forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTN95.NET Security Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbradly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: FTN95.NET Security Issues Reply with quote

I have just moved from FTN95 v4x to v5.01 in order to build code for VS2005 (.NET Framework 2.0). I have a small fortran housekeeping conversion program that I use to prepare the code for .NET but in the new environment I cannot get this program to work.

To slightly complicate the issue I am using networked drives on my computer (which .NET hates), so my paths are F:\salnet\... which is a link to c:\fdrive\salnet. In these circumstances you need to give applications/assemblies full trust (to be able to work on networked drives). This worked fine under .NET 1.1, but trying to give the assembly full trust in .NET 2.0 I get the message - "Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy."

I tried increasing the trust on my Intranet - which I shouldn't have to do, but this didn't allow me to trust my own application!

Has anyone got any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: