forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

interfacing .NET and Win32 libraries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrTip

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: interfacing .NET and Win32 libraries Reply with quote

I noticed in the 5.0 documentation that a .net app can call a win32 library.

since this is one line I think the documentation could be a bit more explict here. In say C# and VB you would have to declare the win32 library in code as a static method. In C++ its a different game altogether with mixed asemblies the norm in .NET apps

anyway I tried referencing a few FTN95 win32 libraries from some .net apps and sure enough this works, this is cool so thanks becasue this can be a pain.

I am somewhat intrigued by this, what are the limitations? I have in the past tried compiling FTN95 projects to .NET which fail to link because of WIN32 libraries.

It would appears this is due to the win32 dll using common blocks with the declarations of the form

COMMON/NAMES[DLLIMPORT]/

if I compile just the code without the [DLLIMPORT] bit removed the DBK_LNK linker works great

can this be worked around in .net ?

Carl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: