Joined: 29 Nov 2006
|Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:32 am Post subject: Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows version 5.00
|We are pleased to announce the release of FTN95 version 5.00. This is available for download now to registered users. Version 5.00 includes support for Microsoft .NET 1.1 and 2.0 as well as integration with Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 and 2005.
FTN95 now installs by default into 'C:\Program Files\Silverfrost\FTN95'. Users upgrading can either manually install into the original location ('C:\Program Files\Salford Software\FTN95') or use the new location. The authorisation information should automatically copy.
The following is a summary of FTN95 bugs that have been fixed at version 5.00.
- REPEAT intrinsic has 32K limit on second argument.
- Illegal memory reference bug in matrix reallocation program.
- UNDEF failure with OPTIONAL character argument.
- Register tracking failure over INVOKE.
- Use of /PROFILE can cause incorrect function return.
- Missing label not reported when followed by CONTAINS.
- Recovery from underflow is not automatic for Win64.
- <= is not parsed correctly in some situations.
- Particular use of User-defined == operator fails.
- Optional INTENT(OUT) causes runtime failure with FULL_UNDEF.
- Initialisation fails with TARGET and UNDEF.
- Regression at 4.9. Assigned GOTO does not work in fixed format.
- Regression at 4.9. Access violation when reading a MODULE.
- BIT_SIZE does not work for 64 bit integers.
- SIZE = len fails in READ statement.
- INTENT(IN) does not prevent assignment via a READ statement.
- Incorrect result for a particular use of the TRANSFER function.
- Incorrect result for a complex arithmetic calculation.
- Size of .NET debug information reduced