forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undo/Redo bug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Undo/Redo bug Reply with quote

Hi,

with Plato 3.15 I'm experiencing incorrect behaviour of the program when using longer chains of "Undo" and/or "Redo" commands. The more I use those commands, the more errors the program makes. In particular it seems that old text pieces are returned to the wrong place. Eventually the original source code will be lost. Ironically, I can't undo my changes to retrieve it, which I still sometimes intuitively try, making matters worse. Sad
Is this problem known and is there perhaps a newer version of Plato without this problem ?

Thanks
Rainer
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Undo/Redo bug Reply with quote

Rainer

The next release of Plato is 3.40 but there will be no changes in the undo/redo mechanism.
It is a good idea to observe the changes as they take place.
Do not hold down the relevant control keys.
Rainer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Undo/Redo bug Reply with quote

>> Do not hold down the relevant control keys.

Really ? Is there a difference ?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Undo/Redo bug Reply with quote

Rainer

What I meant was, use single key presses (with a pause to view the result) rather than repeat by holding down the keyboard key. Then if the undo/redo goes wrong you can stop before it gets worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: