forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

about executable&some more questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
burak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: about executable&some more questions Reply with quote

I am using Salford Plato version 3.15. I want to learn something about fortran90 and fortran95.I'm satisfied with your program but i have one question to ask, i couldn't be able to solve a problem so at last i decided to write to you...

I write programs' commands,then compile it.when i press to "start run" button while i am in the plato the executable works without any problem. But when i want the executable file to run alone(not by pressing the "start run" button but by just double clicking the executable file) the words in the ms-dos window flows so quickly that a humanbeing can not be able to see :laugh: So as the time i first press enter button to write the first input variable,the program immediately calculates and then shows the results and close itself..what may i do to repair this trouble??i need my programs to work in the other computers so i really need your help..

and there's an other problem about commands.. i use windows xp but most of the commands doesn't work or i couldn't sucess it.. do you advise me using linux?? if yes which one? i cant pay money so if you have an advice, could you tell me how i can manage to get it?
for the last i couldn't find so many books about fortran 90.do you know an available and easy understandable one for the beginners?? thanks

"Peace at home,peace in world" [big]MUSTAFA KEMAL ATATÜRK[/big] Cool
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: about executable&some more questions Reply with quote

You must open a Command Prompt window (DOS box) from the Start menu.
Then type in the name of your executable and press RETURN.

FTN95 is not available under Linux.

The book I use is "Fortran 95 Explained" by Metcalf and Ried.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: