forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RE: YOUR PROGRAM IS OUT OF DATE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajeazeez

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: RE: YOUR PROGRAM IS OUT OF DATE Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your explanation to the above problem on compiling a fortran program with PLATO3. What amuses me is that as the package was extracted to a folder say c:FTN95 and a simple program was written to add 3 numbers and find the average, the package compiled and was built correctly. When the program was run, it still came up with "Your program is out of date. do you want to build it? and if you pressed yes, it comes up with the message that the exutable is non existent? What do I need to do or is there any envirnment variable that need to be set on windows XP? Kindly simulate the problem and advise me.

cheers

RAHEEM AZEEZ
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: RE: YOUR PROGRAM IS OUT OF DATE Reply with quote

I do not know what is going wrong with your process.

The compiler (FTN95.exe) must be on the PATH environment variable.
However, if it is not on the PATH then Plato will tell you.

If the executable does not exist then either the program has failed to compile or it
has failed to link. In both cases Plato will tell you. Perhaps the executable has been
created but, for some reason, it is not in the folder where Plato expects to find it.

Try using Explorer to locate the program file and see if .obj and .exe files are being created.
If you are using a Plato project then these will be located in a sub folder.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: RE: YOUR PROGRAM IS OUT OF DATE Reply with quote

It appears that my version of FTN package is not complete or that some of the files have been corrupted .Some files were damaged during extraction procedure. If you could get me a whole bundle of a working one in a folder sent to my mail as an attachment I will be glad. I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE COMPILER BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE EXECUTABLE FILE CANNOT BE GENERATED EVEN WHEN THE PROGRAM COMPILES WITHOUT ERRORS.
Let me know all environment variables that need to be st for the compiler to work well

cheers.

RAHEEM AZEEZ

CHEERS.

ajeazeez
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: RE: YOUR PROGRAM IS OUT OF DATE Reply with quote

I suggest that you try downloading (again) from the Silverfrost website. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: