forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

While calling FTN95 dll from VB.Net Project, getting System.Security.SecurityException

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: While calling FTN95 dll from VB.Net Project, getting System. Reply with quote

Hi there,

We are currently evaluating FTN95 for .Net.

While calling FTN95 dll from VB.Net Project, at runtime i am getting System.Security.SecurityException. I am following the Calcultaor Sample in the documentation. The application compiles and builds fine.

The error is happening when it tries to execute the Fortran method at runtime:

calcftn.Add(1, 2)

Any help as to what security settings i need to change, will be highly appreciated.

Thanks very much.
Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: While calling FTN95 dll from VB.Net Project, getting System. Reply with quote

Are you logged into the system as administrator? Have you made any changes to your .NET security settings? Usually there are no security problems running assemblies created by FTN95 on a single machine. If you are trying to run an assembly from a network location then you should set permissions on that assembly to have 'full trust' through the .NET Configuration tool, available in Administrative Settings. If you are trying only to run a local file, locally, then I would still investigate this and try giving your assembly full trust and also possibly to the FTN95 runtime library, ftn95lib (in the GAC).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: