forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating a non-visible window

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acw

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Creating a non-visible window Reply with quote

Is there any way of creating a clearwin window initially hidden, so that its position can be changed (and controls modified) before making it visible without having it flash up in its default location first. I can't just use %sy to set its position as I need to get the window size.

BTW - I need to reposition after creation because its a %di window which is not initially positioned in the centre of the screen, unlike standard clearwin windows (%di windows seem to have their upper-left corner in the centre).

Thanks
Alan
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Creating a non-visible window Reply with quote

Alan

Have you tried using STYLE DS_CENTER in the script for the dialog?

Otherwise you could set the initial position somewhere way off screen so it cannot be seen.

A better solution may be to use GET_WINDOW_LOCATION@ from a %sc callback. This gives the size as well as the position.
acw

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Creating a non-visible window Reply with quote

The resource does have STYLE DS_CENTER but this doesn't seem have any effect. Actually I think it does, its just that its the top-left of the dialog that is centred for some reason (is this perhaps a ClearWin buggette with %di windows - I've noticied it before ?).

I currently use GET_WINDOW_LOCATION@ within the dialog startup function and centre it manually which is fine, its just you see it briefly in its original position - hence the query about whether it can be created hidden. I guess creating it somewhere off screen would be a reasonable approach if I can't create it hidden.

I have also tried setting (or rather not setting) the dialog WS_VISIBLE style but the dialog still appears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: