forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

clearwin window

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weaverwb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: clearwin window Reply with quote

Hi,

How can I tell if a user has manually closed a ClearWin window attached to a Fortran Unit? If s/he has, I'd like, in the best of worlds, to reopen it at the size and position at which they left it. Update doesn't reopen it and inquire doesn't mind that it was manually (but not Fortran) closed.

Thanks,

Bruce Weaver
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: clearwin window Reply with quote

[Readers: please ignore this reply and follow the thread below. There is a better way and some of my comments below turn out to be inaccurate or just plain wrong. PL]

Bruce

1. If you have not already done so, embed your ClearWin window in a "format" window using %cw.

2. Use %lw or %ch to create a control variable. Its current value will indicate if a user has closed the window.

3. Use %sz for the size. The associated variables will be updated with the current size.

4. Use %gp from time to time to keep the latest window position.

4. When necessary reopen the window using the saved size (%sz) and position (%sp).

Note that you can use standard Fortran output without explicitly creating a ClearWin window and the reopening will happen automatically with the next WRITE statement. However, the size and position will not be the same.

There is a lot more that could be written but this may be enough to get you started.
JohnHorspool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: clearwin window Reply with quote

Bruce

Why not just remove the user option of being able to close the window, by using:-

i=winio@('%ww[no_sysmenu]&')

PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: clearwin window Reply with quote

Or you could use %cc to control the closure!
JohnHorspool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: clearwin window Reply with quote

Paul

In the help manuals the example for %gp shows it to be attached to a button. Is there a method to get a window position other than requiring the user to click on a button? And, how can multiple windows be handled, i.e. when the program creates a text output window and a graphics output window ?

Thanks
John
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: clearwin window Reply with quote

John

It is not clear to me what you are looking for.
%gp gives the position of the next control and allows you to use %sp to set the position of other controls or windows.

%sz can be used to get the size of a window.
GET_WINDOW_LOCATION@ can be used to get its position.
JohnHorspool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: clearwin window Reply with quote

Paul

Thanks, the get_window_location call was exactly what I needed.

John
weaverwb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: clearwin window Reply with quote

Thanks Paul.

I was not embedding it but letting it float like other windows I had opened...now I'll go back and embed them all to keep the screen under control to maximize the amount of info the user can display.

Bruce Weaver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: