forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

%hw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: %hw Reply with quote

*** Sent via Email ***

I'm having trouble with some Windows code under Salford.

The background to the code is that a programmer colleague wrote an image processing program a few years back, and I cut this down to a "shell" a couple of years back. I don't have any real experience with Salford windows-gui based programming, so I was flying blind.

It compiled at the time, and ran successfully, including creating child windows and closing them by clicking on the top right cross.

I need to develop some windows-gui based code for graphing sonar data, and so I decided to cut-and-paste into the shell.

However, I now can't get it to run, in the sense that it creates child windows and allows me to resize them, but hangs when I attempt to close them by clicking on the top right cross.

I've run it through with SDBG and the trouble seems to be do with %hw - returning the handle of the child window:

irs = Winio@ ( '%hw&', nCHand(NumChild) )

at around line 333; when the program comes to use the value, it says the handle is undefined.

I've also tried this by returning a scalar, and then transferring the value to nCHand(NumChild), but to no avail.

There are two aspects to the e-mail:

1. can you or someone at Silverfrost tell me what I 'm doing wrong

OR

2. can you or someone at Salford or Silverfrost provide me with a simple example which creates child windows - I couldn't find one on the examples that Salford provides, though I would have sworn that I saw one some time back.

------------
Administrator
Silverfrost Forums
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: %hw Reply with quote

Assuming that NumChild is in the index range of nCHand, there is nothing wrong with the given line of code.

For a "simple" example program see http://forums.silverfrost.com/forums/forum.asp?forumid=3&page=8&select=658#xx658xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: