forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

plotting of arrays in the debugger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brucebowler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: plotting of arrays in the debugger Reply with quote

is fantastic. It would be even better if we could plot array sections. For example,

an array may be dimensioned much larger than needed "just in case". Having most of the plot be 0's makes the plot less than useful.

it's not currently possible to plot a 2 (or more) D array. It would be nice to be able to plot a 1D slice thru the array.

Thanks!
Bruce
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: plotting of arrays in the debugger Reply with quote

Bruce

I know that it is not what you are asking for but have you noticed that you can set the range of visible elements by right clicking (etc) on the Watch window for an array.

brucebowler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: plotting of arrays in the debugger Reply with quote

Yep, I know about changing the display, which is what made me think about doing something similar for a plot of that array Smile
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: plotting of arrays in the debugger Reply with quote

Also, it would be fairly easy to do this programatically -- you assign to an array as part of the debugging process and stop the dbeugger on that line
brucebowler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: plotting of arrays in the debugger Reply with quote

[small]Robert Chafer wrote:[/small]
Also, it would be fairly easy to do this programatically -- you assign to an array as part of the debugging process and stop the dbeugger on that line

But that would require knowing, before I started debugging, which array I wanted to look at. If I knew that, I probably wouldn't need to be debugging in the first place B-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: