forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compiling fortran and c

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laura

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Compiling fortran and c Reply with quote

I am trying to compile code that has sub-models written in fortran and C (the fortran modules have an interface with the c modules, and then call in the C routines). I have little idea as to how I need to go aobut doing this. I would be most grateful for any suggestions.

Laura
DrTip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Compiling fortran and c Reply with quote

Laura

one way is to go down the .NET route, compile each model to a .net assembly add some appropriate interfaces on the fortran code and your done, see the FTN95 help files and example code that comes with the personal edition.

help files an example of mixed lanuge programming in .NET Contents->.NET PLatform

the harder way is create normal dlls and generate export libraries again see the ftn95 help files there are visual c interoperability examples that come with the compiler.

help files are good go to Contents->WIN32 Platform->Mixed Languge Programming

using the latest version of Visual C++ 2005 express compiler you can even mix the two if you want (though that is not for the faint hearted!)

Really depends how level your C code is and what it is doing and what sorts of data are being passed between the two. do you have some code examples?

Carl
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Compiling fortran and c Reply with quote

It is also worth mentioning that FTN95 ships with a C++ compiler - scc. There is some cross language documentation in the FTN95 help under:

Win32 platform-> Mixed language programming->Calling FTN95 from C/C++

There is also a help file in the FTN95 installation directory called 'scc.hlp'

------------
Administrator
Silverfrost Forums
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: