forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using FTN95 with MiniLab 1008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Using FTN95 with MiniLab 1008 Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience of using the Measurement Computing Corporation's MiniLab 1008 interface box (or any of their other cards) with FTN95?

The MiniLab comes with a library of command functions contained in a DLL but I'm not sure how to link this to my software. I've tried using the File Associate feature in Plato (I'm still using Plato2) but I get an error message saying that my software has unresolved externals. Is this to do with the DLL entry point not being compatible with FTN95?

Barry
Andrew

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Using FTN95 with MiniLab 1008 Reply with quote

If a Win32 DLL has entry points that have been exported then they should be callable from an FTN95 program. Have a look at the manual in the following section:

Win32 Platform -> Mixed language programming -> Calling C/C++ from FTN95

It is possible to call a DLL written in any language so long as the calling conventions are either cdecl or stdcall. You need to declare routines using C_EXTERNAL and STDCALL as appropriate.

The Salford linker slink can make direct use of DLLs and does not require lib files. To link against a DLL simply include this in the list of files provided to slink, e.g.:

SLINK myobj.obj somedll.dll -out:myexe.exe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: