forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No source code available?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetcheve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: No source code available? Reply with quote

I have a program I'm debugging that was running fine 5 minutes ago, that when I tried debugging again, it will start off fine, get about 1/3 into the code and (this has happened in two different spots in the source now) will stop like the code has finished. It won't respond to the stop button, the pause button, but it will the the close button in the window. I've tried stepping into the code, skipping to next break points, and I get the error: "No source code available at the current point." or something along those lines. Yet there happens to be several thousand more lines available. I've restarted, reinstalled, rebooted etc... Any thoughts?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: No source code available? Reply with quote

John

You must make sure that all of your object files have been compiled with one of the compiler debugging options such as /DEBUG, /CHECK or /CHECKMATE. If a routine has been compiled under "Release" mode then it cannot be visited in the debugger.
jetcheve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: No source code available? Reply with quote

Paul, its running in debug mode and has been I just checked that. I cleaned everything out to make sure there were no files left behind from previous builds, deleted the source and readded it from a new file but it still just sticks at the same point like there's no code after it, also it seems to be having issues with breakpoints as well. If I add a breakpoint now, it runs to the breakpoint, then stops... It doesn't lock up but nothing happens. If I click the stop button I get an error message that I can't read because it closes before I have a chance to read it. Most I can get is something about attaching to a process I think.
jetcheve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: No source code available? Reply with quote

I managed to get a screenshot of it, so the error message is Termination is in progress but is not yet complete. You can force immediate termination but this will likely terminate processes that would wotherwise be detached. This window will automatically close when the debugging has completely stopped. Gives options of stop now and help. Can't click help as it closes to fast, and it stops before I can stop it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: