forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

%ic format code trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: %ic format code trouble Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using %ic format code in order to create an iconised preferences window on my application, the reason for using icons is because they are the only format that support transparency. The problem i'm having is to do with the icon of the main application and the icons I'm using for the preferences window i.e. it is using the last %ic call as the icon for the main application, instead of the one that is specifically assigned to be the icon for the application.

I have tried altering the resource file and have moved the icons around in the list to see if it make a difference, but it doesn't.

Any ideas? :confused:

Thank you.
sparge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: %ic format code trouble Reply with quote

It seems to be an alphabetical thing. Name the icon you want to use for the main window so it's first in alphabetical order. I have adopted the practice of naming my main window icon "aaicon" in every application. Andy
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: %ic format code trouble Reply with quote

You can use %mi in the main window.
Murt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: %ic format code trouble Reply with quote

Thank you very much this solution works too.

Very quick responses!
Thanks!
Murt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: %ic format code trouble Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!
That has solved the problem!
Thanks again!
sparge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: %ic format code trouble Reply with quote

Delighted to have been able to help, having been bitten like this myself before now. If I remember correctly, Salford were not clear on what was responsible for this interesting idiosyncracy, at the time I enquired about it. Perhaps that's why it has still not been fixed (unless Paul's suggestion of using %mi is the fix - a sort of "official workaround").
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: