forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error using DLL (Compile)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahorger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:23 pm    Post subject: Error using DLL (Compile) Reply with quote

I get the following error when attempting to compile a routine in 64-bit mode with a DLL created using MINGW64.

Quote:
*** Error 902: Unable to read size of import symbols from F:\cmasterf95\RELEASE\WIN64\dxflib_dll_normal_64.dll.

Link to the 64-bit DLL is: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dz4lwx6vb1za7w4bq2sh0/dxflib_dll_normal_64.dll?rlkey=44jvtn6utv1zstk533c9p3n8w&dl=0

There may be a compile/library flag that is not being set properly when I compile and create the DLL. The batch file that does it is (in part):
Quote:
g++.exe -c "Z:\CMASTERF95\dxflib_dll\src\dl_writer_ascii.cpp" -g -m64 -o build-Release\src_dl_writer_ascii_64.cpp.o -I. -I.
g++.exe -c "Z:\CMASTERF95\dxflib_dll\src\dl_dxf.cpp" -g -m64 -o build-Release\src_dl_dxf_64.cpp.o -I. -I.
g++.exe -c "Z:\CMASTERF95\dxflib_dll\src\dxf_interface_ftn95.cpp" -g -m64 -o build-Release\src_dxf_interface_ftn95_64.cpp.o -I. -I.
g++.exe -shared -fPIC -o build-Release\lib\dxflib_dll_normal_64.dll build-Release\src_dl_writer_ascii_64.cpp.o build-Release\src_dl_dxf_64.cpp.o build-Release\src_dxf_interface_ftn95_64.cpp.o -L.\lib -O2 -m64

Any insight into what I might do next would be helpful.

I had to resort to the MINGW64 C++ compiler because the code I'm using does things like
Code:
#include <limits>
rather than
Code:
#include <limits.h>

Without changing the code files for this kind of difference, SCC will not compile the files. Unless there is a flag I am unaware of.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill

There does not appear to be a flag for SCC that allows for <limits>.

Have you considered using an IDE and "Replace in files" to replace <limits> by <limits.h>? Plato has this feature.
wahorger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not using Plato, however this is an alternative that I'll try.
wahorger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: The error message was due to the DLL import is not required for /64.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> 64-bit All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: