forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locating x, y on the display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zach

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:41 am    Post subject: Locating x, y on the display Reply with quote

I cannot find information re locating e.g. text at a given screen x,y location. Is it correct that x,y screen locating cannot simply be done in Fortran, or is there a way to do it? Thank you. Zach,
Kenneth_Smith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please provide a simple example program that demonstrates what you program presently does, and describe what you wish it to do.

I suspect, that you need to understand the use of the Fortran format statement.
Zach

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Knneth. Embarking on something new I write a sort of zero manual that later I grow, as I attempt apps. Query No 1 was about a decent knowledge source on Formatting (in the context of writing / reading files / displaying). In the mean time I found an introductory text by Harvard. What remains of my query in *this domain*: is IDL relevant for Fortran coding? Does it apply? Query No 2 is about posionning stuff on-sreen. Eg in C you can easily create: locatexy(whatever). I am getting the impression, searching around the Net, that, displaying stuff on-screen in Fortran: yes, but nicely organised: no. Is this true?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: