forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SLINK/Win32 V1.42, error message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usn1954

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: SLINK/Win32 V1.42, error message Reply with quote

I ahve just started using the "free" version. To give it a test drive I tried to run the first program "xflmoon" from "Numerical Recipes, 2ed" ISBN 0-531 43064-X using the code from "Code CDROM v2.11". The example is a program "xflmoon". It calls an external subroutine "flmoon". there are 3 utilities nr, nrutil and nrtype. I packed all in the f90 files into
the main 'project' directory and compiled and ran. I got a linker message $MODULE nrtype *** Don"t understand MODULE All three were compiled into .mod files and the other two reference nrtype.
Looking at them the syntax is identical.
This is classic code. Numerical Recipes ( NR) has their own web site and g95 claims tohave run them. ??
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: SLINK/Win32 V1.42, error message Reply with quote

Is the project source only or are you linking to objects/libraries for the CD?

------------
Administrator
Silverfrost Forums
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: SLINK/Win32 V1.42, error message Reply with quote

Carl

Without further information, I do not know what has gone wrong but the failure message simply indicates that the linker SLINK has been supplied with an invalid command.
usn1954

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: SLINK/Win32 V1.42, error message Reply with quote

Thank you for your help.

I am using the source code as supplied on the CD for "Numerical Recipes" in Fortran from Cambridge U. Press. There is a web site for these at nr.com. These have been around since '86 in various languages. My CD is the "omnibus" V2.11 (C2002) in F77, F90, C, C++, Pascal, and Basic. I used the F90. This is arranged into 4 directories: "data" containing data to be read by the "example" programs in the
"example" directory and "other" directory containing the "library" files nr, nrtype and nrutil, all source files is text format.

I tried to pick the simplest program example and manually loaded all the references files including those in the "other" directory into the
main "project" directory in Plato to avoid pathing problems. I used Plato to issue the commands. The error message from SLINK and the generation of .MOD files for nr, nrtype and nrutil in the root dir. of C: was the result.
My ref for Fortran is "fortran 95/2003 explained" c'06 Oxford U Press, "Introduction to Programming with Fortran"(coverage of F77, F90, F95 and F2003 ) , c'06 Springer and "Numerical Methods for Engineers" c'06. Chapman & Hall/CRC, and "Numerical Algorithims with Fortran" c'93 Springer. All of these have available source files for the algorithims either on a CD or on their web sites.

I am trying to get hopefully prefab code running as a base from which to customize applications.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: SLINK/Win32 V1.42, error message Reply with quote

Carl

If you are getting a SLINK error report then we need to find out what commands are being sent to the linker. This may be difficult when using Plato3 because the command line is not visible.
I will aim to add facility to Plato but in the mean time all that you can do is

a) check that you have entered the correct information into Project Properties dialog. Start with the default information and add any changes one at a time and/or

b) find out from the help file how to run SLINK from a command prompt (DOS) box.

If you need to continue this conversion it may be better to start a new thread next time because it can take a while to drill down to here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: