forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impossible to set the breakpoint in SDBG64?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you using SDBG or SDBG64 debugger ?
1) Yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
2) No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3) Sometimes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

DanRRight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject: Impossible to set the breakpoint in SDBG64? Reply with quote

Do anyone also experiencing this problem when you can not set the breakpoint on specific line?

For example here is the screenshot of my debugged source code and at the left you can see the black dots at the beginning of the lines which represent the debugger's allowed to breakpoint lines. Clearly they are messed up allowing breakpoints on the commented lines and not allowing on others valid ones. The debug process seems still works ok if you are lucky and your needed line is "allowed".

I can not reproduce this bug on small demo examples, they all seems show all legitimate lines as marked with dots correctly

By the way, if you are still not using debuggers, tell your boss to lower your salary as you are not working efficiently spending 10x more time on any problem in the code Evil or Very Mad Even semi-broken debugger which sometimes happen in my case is better than debugging ancient way without it
Robert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the using FTN95 8.90?
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,
No, it's a bit earlier version - 8.81
But I found the reason of the fault at least with this version: this was because of EXE/source_code mismatch - i accidently used older version of EXE not exactly coinciding to the latest Fortran source files. You can see that from the above picture: all the lines are shifted few lines due to addition to source files somewhere in other places before these lines. May be SDBG64 8.90 fixed this but if not - can you make SDBG64 to warn the user with the mismatch of EXE and source code ? I had pretty often this problem before. Despite of that the debugger surprisingly works OK even in this case excluding this small issue when you can not put the breakpoints on some lines

Also, i added the poll above to find how many of guys here need a punishment for not using SDBG/SDBG64. I suspect almost all need some kick Smile Smile Smile.

Last edited by DanRRight on Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Robert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the dots and source are in sync at all? If you stop at line 13620 and do a step does iLoopMax become 2000000000?

the debugger takes the rap for not allowing breakpoints on certain lines but all it is doing is following tables in the debug information. The positioning of the dots is up to the compiler not the debugger.
Robert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross over posting!
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our bullets crossed. I just shoot the trigger a microsecond earlier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> 64-bit All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: