forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curses - oops - cursors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject: Curses - oops - cursors Reply with quote

Although ClearWin+ allows definition of new cursors, it doesn't seem to have a way of changing the cursor on the fly except for to the 'wait' cursor, as with SET_CURSOR_WAITING@. What appears to me to be the case is that ClearWin+ has routines for setting the cursor for a window as a whole or for a %gr drawing surface, but not on the fly, except for the waiting cursor and the SET_GRAPHICS_MODE@(3) option that you wouldn't think was a cursor change at all. Can anyone help with the windows functions please? I had a look in CLEARWIN.INS, and several of the MSDN functions don't show up.

While rummaging around, I discovered that my Windows installation has a lot of cursors in it, such as 32649 which is a 'grabber hand'. Are some or all of them standard for Windows?

Eddie
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie

%cu[name] sets the cursor for the next control and if you want to use two cursors for that control then you use %2cu[name1][name2] etc.. You also provide an integer sel which is set to 1 to display the first cursor, 2 for the second and zero to hide the cursor.

For more general use, the relevant Microsoft function is SetCursor but in this case the default cursor must be set to NULL otherwise the display changes back to the default as soon as the cursor is moved. I don't think there is currently a mechanism to set the default cursor to NULL other than the above %Ncu with sel = 0 which might work.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul,

I did understand it 8 years ago, but had forgotten. Your reply reminded me what to look for. Many thanks.

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: