forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is why i use this compiler for 30 years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:28 am    Post subject: This is why i use this compiler for 30 years Reply with quote

Because it allows to achieve an ultimate perfection.
All done in FTN95:

(Hosting this large image decreases resolution. Anyway, i still recommend to switch to at least 4k monitors for which 4k or 8k TV is also fits perfectly. Size - the larger the better, i use 65". As a result - much more pleasant the process of programming. Minimizes eye strain. Tired? Switch on super-realistic HDR 8k video or images of Bali or Philippines. The 12-15 hours near such monitor passes like one minute Smile ).
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks fantastic.

How far from a 65" monitor do you sit?
DanRRight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,
Distance permanently changes from 1m to 2m. This is because i use zero gravity chair. Extremely convenient - you're either sitting or almost lying down horizontally when needed. Reduces spine and back tension, allows good rest because spreads your weight over larger area. You can even have a nap on such chair. This setup is impossible with the small monitors. The 50" 4k monitor i used before for 5 years is a bit too small for the best comfort. The 65" one is good and probably 75" and larger would be even better - you have more freedom to stay wherever is needed and keep as much stuff on screen as possible.

Also good to have large +0.5 or +0.75 frameless reading glasses. Sometimes when i sit close to the screen i use +1. Also i found useful to change monitor automatically to night mode around 8pm and back at 8am when monitor reduces brightness of blue channel a bit changing tint to little bit yellowish. Claimed it helps to relax before you go sleep

The optimum monitor backlight intensity for work for me is 10 out of 50 peak. This also reduces energy consumption. For vivid content of course 50. You just say voice command "Backlight 50" to monitor and it switches to 50.

Found that 65" Samsung Q900 8k has excellent glare reduction coating, 10 times better than any cell phones or tablets of the same company. Bright windows do not distract at all. Kids also have very low latency for their games in game mode when they play sometimes. Buying specific PC monitors instead of 4k or 8k TVs to be used as PC monitors now has no sense at all (all 100% of them look like a garbage to me), plus it's much cheaper.

In the future we all will probably use virtual reality 8k glasses, when they will become usable for programmers. There exist first versions of such 8k glasses already but i could not try them. There you can make 2, 3 or 10 virtual monitors, placed everywhere inside the virtual room each for your specific task, always ready in a snap, you just point your eye to it. This is convenient because you always find the work in the state you left it. Currently with my usual monitors in 4k mode i have 7 workspaces, all windows kind of messed up one under another despite of much larger screen real estate. Need 8k to have more space.

I use mostly 4k mode, which is probably optimal for almost everything. Still could not buy 8k graphics card, they are not available in any shop for almost a year. Don't like to overpay 3x on Ebay for already unreasonably overpriced high end cards. I can see all in 8k but not in HDR and the mouse lag is a bit annoying. The 8k HDR content i watch connecting Samsung cellphone/tablet (essentially used as "visual" remote control) with Samsung monitor for which i have done nothing, they are all sold like that - one click on Youtube video and it plays on large screen, colors literally jump into your face, you even feel the heat from sunny places, the screen has peak brightness 1700nits. With 8k graphics card this will work from usual PC. In this case you will be able to stay closer to the screen. Pixelation with 8k is not a problem at all, i start to see pixelation from approximately 50cm. And due to that the life-like "immersion" into nature 8k content will be even larger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: