Joined: 29 Nov 2006
|Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:26 pm Post subject: Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows version 8.70
|We are pleased to announce the release of FTN95 version 8.70. This is available for download now to supported users.
- The Fortran 2003 feature that allows standard intrinsics in initialisation statements has been added.
- The Fortran 2003 feature "allocate on assignment" has been added.
- The Fortran 2003 ISO_C_BINDING has been added.
- The Fortran 2008 ISO_FORTRAN_ENV with intrinsics COMPILER_VERSION() and COMPILER_OPTIONS() has been added.
- The Fortran 2008 complex intrinsics such as ACOS,ACOSH,COSH,and TAN have been added.
- The Fortran 2008 real intrinsics ACOSH,ASINH,ATANH have been added.
- The Fortran 2008 DO CONCURRENT construct has been added (but not with embedded IF statements).
- /ZEROISE can now be used with /64.
- Compile time argument typing checking has been added for routines in clrwin.mod.
- Command line options /C and /O have been added for compatibility with gFortran.
- Many new features have been added to ClearWin+. See cwplus.enh for details.
- Significant new features have been added to Plato including "auto-checking" and highlighting Fortran constructs. See Silverfrost YouTube video for details.
- ClearWin+: option %em[height=<n>] has been added to provide for greater vertical spacing between menu items in the absence of larger icons
- ClearWin+: New options [height=n] and [vertical_fill=v] have been added to provide for a greater vertical spacing for %ls, %ms and %el.
- ClearWin+: Scrolling options [hscroll] and [vscroll] have been added to %gr and %pl
- ClearWin+: Calls to use_resource_library@ have been made redundant.
- ClearWin+: The functions INVALID_FLOAT@ and INVALID_DOUBLE@ can be used to test if a real value is invalid (is a NaN).
- ClearWin+: A new option "undef" is available with clearwin_option@ which will trap when an undefined value is supplied to codes such as %rf and %rd.
- ClearWin+: %dl has been extended to allow for more than one timer per window. More control can be achieved using SET_TIMER@ and KILL_TIMER@
- ClearWin+: SET_TOOLTIP_TEXT@ can be used with %th[ms_style]
- ClearWin+: New format code %ln provides a horizontal etched line
- ClearWin+: A %pl graph can now be configured at runtime by using new options, "params" and "locked"
- ClearWin+: A new format code %bn has been added as an alternative to %bt and %bb. In particular %bn can be used to present split buttons (with a down icon that is typically used for menus)
- ClearWin+: A new function SET_INCREMENT@ has been added so that the increments for %df can be changed at dynamically.
- ClearWin+: The "link" option for %pl has been extended to provide [link=columns] and [link=bars]
- ClearWin+: A new routine CHANGE_HELP_TEXT@ has been added
- ClearWin+: A new routine CHOOSE_COLOUR_EX@ has been added as an alternative to CHOOSE_COLOUR@.