forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIMDEM array limits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silicondale

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject: SIMDEM array limits Reply with quote

I sm working on image enhancement coding, and want to use SIMDEM to do some simple scatter plots showing colour profiles of images.

Problem is that working with images that are typically thousands of pixels wide and high, there are millions of pixels. This will of course produce a dense scatter plot. This doesn't bother me, as I'm concerned with outlier points. The problem is a SIMDEM limit of 2000 on the x,y array sizes. How can I expand this limit?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silicondale

More details are needed in order to identify which array sizes are limited. But it might be easier if you contact Bill Bardsley directly via the email address given on his simfit.uk website.
silicondale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul. Wasn't sure if Bill Bardsley was still there, but will do!

It's the x,y, arrays, dimension n, in simdem53. There seems to be a hardcoded limit of 2000 to those arrays. Apart from the question of how to get around this limit, I'm wondering what other hardcoded limits there might be that restrict the usefulness of SIMDEM in processing large data sets.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Bill Bardsley:

"All the potentially large arrays in simfit use allocate and are "big-data-ready" except that character strings to use in plots are (len=40) and limted to n=2000 and the data sets for 3D plotting and contours are limited to n=40000 because I did not think it was necessary to use more as it would allow over-dense graphs."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: