forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

width of list box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: width of list box Reply with quote

With the latest compiler version (8.70) I have the following problem with %`ls list boxes with drop down combo box:
If at least one of the entries in the character-array exceeds the predefined width of the listbox, the listbox is automatically extended and hides controls which are placed on the right side of the listbox or extends over the rim of the dialog box.
In former versions the character strings in the list are simply cutted off, which was ok for my purposes.
Is there a way to force the 'old' behaviour?
The best solution would be, if there is a way to realize a similar behaviour as in other programs, where the listboxes are resizable as long as the drop down box is closed.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralf

It is possible that this is an issue that has been fixed so I will send you a link to a new set of DLLs via a personal message.

If not then please supply a short sample program that illustrates how %`ls is used.
Ralf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

I still get the same results.
But I am not sure, if I updated the compiler correctly. I copied the new dlls into my FTN95 folder. Is it correct, that the prompted compiler version is still v8.70.0?

here is a simple program, that shows the problem:
Code:

Program test_ls

integer :: winio@, iw, i, n_items, isel 

character(len=20),dimension(10) :: item_list   

do i=1,10
   write(item_list(i),'(a,i5)')'Entry',i
 enddo
 write(item_list(5),'(a,i5)')'ABCDEFGHIJKLM',i
 n_items = 10
 isel = 1

iw = winio@ ('%`10.3ls[no_border] %bt[Close]&',item_list, n_items, isel)
 iw = winio@ ('%nl%10rs',item_list(1))

stop
end 

If I delete the line with extending the length of the 5th array entry, everything works fine.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralf

There is a new feature for %`ls that has been added to avoid a situation where the dropdown chevron on the right overwrites the text in the box.

I don't think that we can backtrack on this so I have added a new option for you for %`ls that restores the former behaviour. It is %`ls[fixed_width].

I will send you a personal message with a link for a new set of DLLs.

As before, this does not affect the version number for FTN95.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralf

I realised this morning that there is another issue that is revealed by your sample program. The close button should appear to the right of the combobox and not under it.

This will not affect you if you want to keep the width of the combobox the same as before. You will still need to use the new option to fix it.

I have now fixed this secondary issue. If you need the fix then please let me know and I will send you a link to a new set of DLLs.
Ralf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

thanks for the bugfix, this solves the main issue with the comboboxin my application. Nevertheless I would like to see, if the fix of the second issue improves the usage of the combobox.
Do you think that it would be possible to add the resize-feature also for the drop-down feature (%`ls) if the resize is suppressed as long as the drop-down box is open (like the behaviour of the list of recent files in the standard file open dialog)?

Ralf
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralf

I will send you a link to a new set of DLLs via a personal message.

The width of the dropdown part of a combobox is always the same as the initial width.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: