forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCC compile in 64-bit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahorger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject: SCC compile in 64-bit Reply with quote

I bypassed the command line routine (CMNAMR) so that the "C" code for coordinate transforms could now be tested. I got an access violation. I kind of expected this might happen, so I dove in to debug at the source, looking for issues/type problems.

The following are FYI's; just makes life harder.

Compiled the "C" code using /DEBUG causes an error "Attempt to use a 32-bit instruction in 64-bit mode". So the "trick" used in FTN95 to getting the actual line number doesn't work in SCC.

So I tried to use /list. This yields the same result as FTN95, namely an address offset is given for every line that is the same number. Even for very long, multi-module files.

Using /explist yields the same kind of result as FTN95; that is, the assembly code is separated from the "C" code so a one-to-one correspondence for errors is hard to find. That said, each routine in the compilation unit ius defined to its start, so that part is helpful. Still can't quite tell exactly which line, but closer that FTN95!

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> 64-bit All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: