forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Default Integer KIND 7 compiler option

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moji

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Default Integer KIND 7 compiler option Reply with quote

FTN95 compiler has an option (/INTL), which set the default integer variables to KIND 3. However KIND 3 is not compatible with 64-bit compiler. Is there any option that set the default integer variables to KIND 7, i.e. KIND 3 for 32-bit compiler and KIND 4 for 64-bit compiler?
mecej4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can read in the documentation ( https://silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/x64/intro.aspx ), FTN95 permits you to specify KIND=7 for integer variables, which are then treated as KIND=3 for 32-bit programs and as KIND = 4 for 64-bit programs. This feature, however, is one that you have to modify your code to exploit (by specifying a KIND number in declarations).
Moji

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the link, but I am already aware of it. I was wondering, if there is an option that you can use as you compile the code that by using it, every variable of type INTEGER will become INTEGER(KIND=7) unless it is explicitly declared as other KINDs. I wanted to avoid manually set the KIND=7 for these integer variables.
You can see the /INTL description here:
https://www.silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/options/_intl_and_ints.aspx
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer, in theory at least, is to use "/DEFINT_KIND 4" whenever you use /64 on the FTN95 command line.

I wonder what you mean by your comment that "KIND 3 is not compatible with 64-bit". There is no general need to upgrade the INTEGER KIND value when moving to 64 bits. The exceptions are where the INTEGERs are memory addresses and these can be changed to KIND=7.
Moji

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got it. Thank you both for the support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> 64-bit All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: