forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Initialization via data statements fails
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill

I have spent some time on this today and things are not as I guessed.

The initial line buffer size is some 17000 characters which is OK. The problem is deeper down, maybe in the processing of the resulting comma list.

This means that my suggestion to reduce the number of characters will not work. Rather you should reduce the number of items or use an alternative approach.
wahorger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, breaking the DATA into two sections worked great. Thanks for the heads up and suggestion regarding removing the "extraneous" zeroes.

Just as a comment for mecej4: While reading a text file instead of using a DATA statement, even one that contains comments, may be preferable to DATA in some instances, for my deliveries to my Customers there are already enough files. Adding another one, and one that absolutely has to be present for the software to work, creates a burden on the software to find, process, and, if not present, produce a meaningful enough error message that my not-so-computer-facile users can understand and attempt a recovery.

I have one set of DATA statements that initialize about a dozen arrays of 54,000+ elements each. Broken into sections, it takes a while to compile, but only gets compiled once per delivery. Much easier to do it via DATA. And, when it does get changed, it will automatically be compiled and included!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: