forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Same files in Different Projects.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Same files in Different Projects. Reply with quote

I have 2 project in Plato, call them P1 and P2, which started with the exact, same files in each directory (say c:\p1 and c:\p2). I was working on 2 different methodologies for the projects. I'm satisfied with the way P1 works. I'd like to keep P1 and copy the set of files from P1 to P2. I will then have P1 as a fallback copy and I can experiment with P2. Is there any way that having the same file names in P1 and P2 would cause any problems? Should I just delete the files in the p2 directory, copy files from p1 to p2, and then add the files in p2 to the P2 project? I wanted to seek advice on this, lest something goes awry. Thank you. EJY.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can copy in this sort of way. You could delete the whole of P2, do a Ctrl + drag on P1 in File Explorer to create a copy of P1 and then rename the copy to P2.
AKS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: Copying Projects Reply with quote

Thanks again, Paul, for your quick response. EJY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: