forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mesh Analysis of RLC circuits: forming the meshes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenneth_Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W. F. TINNEY, C. M. McINTYRE, A Digital Method for Obtaining a Loop Connection Matrix, Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers. Part III: Power Apparatus and Systems, October 1960.
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In structural analysis, calculation of the torsional properties for a closed cross-section requires the identification of internal loops. I have a "subroutine loops" which achieves this for a 2-D set of connected points. It basically does this by testing if any connected points are inside the loop. There may be other documented approaches for calculation of torsional properties of closed cross-sections. This works well and has been tested for small "circuits" (say 100 nodes)
I have not considered how this would work for a 3-D data set.

I also have equation re-ordering algorithms for large sets of equations for FEA analysis (say up to million nodes). I have RCM, Sloan and Hoit algorithms coded, which are based on tree connectivity approaches. I also have another re-ordering algorithm that on average works better, which simply uses an ax+by+cz directed sort that typically works on meshes with local refinement. (Various a,b,c are tested)

Not sure if either of these approaches are relevant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: