forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin_K

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Installer Reply with quote

I would like to know, if there is a specific installer utility available with ClearWin+ and if not, is there a recommendation which one is the most suitable?

I have several files needed for the program to run (which must be included in
the same folder like executable),
so I would like to create a setup file (exe or msi) which would install the program along with all needed files to a directory selected by the user.

Martin
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no installer specifically for ClearWin+. Eddie has recommended an installer in earlier posts. If he reads this then he can give you the details.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I am delighted to help.

I use the InnoSetup installer from Jordan Russell Software. It has the considerable advantage of being free. The web address to get it is here:

https://jrsoftware.org/isdl.php

It is a nice application that allows you to install your software wherever you like. It can create folders for you, and install various things including registry settings, specific fonts and so on. A nice feature is that it compresses all your programs and data, including Salflibc.dll, into one EXE file, which when run unpacks everything into the right places. Hence, you only need to distribute that one file.

You have to create a script (which you can do in the app) which when run creates the installation EXE.

Eddie
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTN95 also uses InnoSetup
Martin_K

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your info Eddie!
wahorger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use DeployMaster from Just Great Software. This give me the mechanism to sign the software, relieving my users when installing of fighting against the (reasonable) Windows prohibitions of installing unknown software.

I have two variants of the software (paid and evaluation), and since the data that controls the setup generation is all text, I can use a command line editor to edit the generic script and make the appropriate substitutions in the text, thus controlling what gets delivered.

There is a free version, but doesn't allow signing of the install.
Martin_K

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill!

I will also try the installer you mentioned and compare them, what will be easier and more straightforward for me.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: