forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using %th or %bh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahorger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Using %th or %bh Reply with quote

I'm curious; do these two commands only affect the current window? By extension, does that mean if one is using %sh for a subsequent %ps or %ch, the %th or %bh needs to be included when building the %sh window?

Also, I have combed my code for any %th or %bh, and none are used. Yet, on buttons within a %sh/%ps, the help text appears at the bottom of the window. I am struggling to understand what the requirements are.

Thanks,
Bill
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I add %th to each tab of spreadsheet %sh otherwise bubble help does not appear where the mouse currently is, appearing instead at the bottom of the window and reminding that %th was forgotten to be placed for this tab. May be if Silverfrost added small text with warning to add %th if it appears at the bottom of screen - this would be ideal solution. Making Clearwin self-explanatory will definitely help using it.

If this requirement of multiple %th is justified or better to allow %th only ones per function i have no opinion. Being bitten in the past forgetting %th i immediately know what i need to do when see bubble at the bottom

Last edited by DanRRight on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,
your help text appears at the bottom of the window precisely because you don't have any help tip formats, as is documented here:
https://silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/clearwinp/formats/_he.aspx

where it says:
Quote:

If %he, %bh - Bubble Help and %th - Tooltop Help are not used, help information (obtained using the question mark modifier with certain format codes) is placed at the bottom of the window

How to position the help info as you like, for example in a specific box, is demonstrated here:
https://silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/clearwinp/d7help/helpformat__n_mhe.aspx

As for %ps (and %sh) - thre appear to have been quite a few changes introduced on the back of th introduction of %di.

it's worth a trawl through ...
https://silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/clearwinp/formats/_ps.aspx
and
https://silverfrost.com/ftn95-help/clearwinp/d8attrib/propertysheet__nps.aspx
to see if you can sot anything applicable that might have chnged.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
wahorger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. It helps!
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking more i'd suggest Silverfrost to add warning or better even error if bubble help was requested but %th was forgotten for specific tab of the spreadsheet
wahorger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My solution is to have two common routines that set up a child sheet and a main window. In each of those routines, the appropriate help WINIO statements are made. Working great for the 30-40 windows/sheets that get created!
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thread that would be better in the ClearWin+ area?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: