forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Series of images to video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject: Series of images to video Reply with quote

Is there any Fortran utility which can automatically make movies out of still images?
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

I'm not aware of a Fortran utility, and a succession of still images is more like a slide show than a movie. You can get Powerpoint to make a self-running slide show, or one of the Nero suite of programs can do it with a bit more control over timing, adding music and/or narration, etc. (The Nero video app can also detect rhythm in a music accompaniment and fit slides to that.)

You might get a FTN95/CW+ program to show each image in a timed sequence.

Eddie
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for creation independent of a fortran program I'd recommend the freeware pěrogram Irfanview (File Menu / Slidewhow)
It's a great program for all aspects of image processing , scengrabbing, etc ....
Keep your eyes open for the dead cat Smile
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This becomes routine to create movie out of scientific graphics by showing evolution of anything. Even showing one curve then another is demanded to do with smooth transition. During your Powerpoint presentation showing AVI movie or animated GIFs is a plus. I have done animations in WordPerfect Presentations then Powerpoint almost two and a half decades ago using either programs made with FTN77 or third party tools like GIF Construction Set etc. I had Infanview too but not lately. All these living dancing images were popular internet and became boring and then annoying. But today with very complex 3D graphics the fashion in animated scientific graphics gets new life.

Using 100-200 images in Powerpoint with transitions is not very convenient in my case, plus the size will be prohibiting. We ideally need some simple app callable from Fortran which will do with just one click create 100s of images and combine them into one AVI or GIF87 or better some other animated format with more than 256 colors. This file is easier then insert into Powerpoint. The only this program has to take is basically image files and one number of delay between images.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried multiple images on top of each other in PowerPoint, and once there are more than 5 or so, it gets tedious. The best method in PPT is one image per slide, then show them in quick succession.

Sometimes (and partiularly with older versions of Powerpoint & Windows), your video would play alright on a laptop, then not play properly on a projector. Keeping things simple is best.

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: