forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calculate a simple equation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemconsult

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Calculate a simple equation Reply with quote

Hi!
I'm new to this Forum, and hope that it's OK if I'm asking for help on the above topic Question

I'm working with a project where I shall report the result of an equation that goes like this: 6.0 / (( 120.45 / 10 / 4.671 ) - 1 )
The equation is held in a string and not a hard coded thing.

For now, I'm using a CISSUE call to a DOS program called CALC written by Ryan Shillington. It's working, but it's a bit tricky to get the result back and a DOS-box flashes up for every calculation.

My hope is, that someone has a bit of Fortran code, that can do this, so that I don't need to start inventing the wheel again Smile

Thanks, Henrik
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could post your Fortran code to give an idea of what you are doing.
mecej4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CALC program that you used requires that you spawn a new process (a CMD session) and retrieve the result from the standard output of that session.

There are a number of Fortran expression interpreters available. The choice depends on what types of expressions you wish to cover.

See, for example, https://github.com/ivomarb/Fortran-Expression-Evaluator . You can build the interpreter into a DLL and simply make calls to routines in the DLL, as many times as needed.
hemconsult

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.
To mecej4. A special thanks to you for guiding me to the Fortran-Expression-Evaluator. It was very useful and I have been able to get the results that I was aiming for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: