forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

/DUMP is very useful

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahorger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: /DUMP is very useful Reply with quote

Just an FYI. And a "Thanks" for this compile option.

In searching for a way to find all routines that use TYPE's, I started using the /DUMP option. This has lots of good information, like which local variables are on the stack, which are statically allocated, which are in COMMON, etc.

The feature that I will exploit is the name of the function/module, the list of arguments (in order and where they are on the stack), the type of the argument (intrinsic or derived with the name of the type), and the stack allocation (how much was used locally, and how much is used for temporaries).

I can see other uses for this for documentation purposes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: