forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with FTN95 Debugger Personal Edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Problem with FTN95 Debugger Personal Edition Reply with quote

I have just installed the FTN95 personal edition on my PC - HP pavilion, XP Home Edition 2002 Service Pack 2, Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.4GHz, 1Gb of RAM. Using a previously working program test.for with FTN95 test.for /lis /debug followed (after linking) by sdbg test gives a call stack/status window with the text 'Status: Program Breakpoint' and *unknown*. Overlaying this window is a window with a diamond/lozenge shaped icon in the top left corner and the text '*unknown*' next to it - this window contains a listing of addresses (like assembler code). No source code is displayed in any window. I have compiled the program in the same folder as executable so using an executable in the wrong place is a problem. An earlier version of FTN95 seems to have worked for some time (apart from generating a 50 line limit on code for the debugger - requiring deletion of sdbg.ini) - it then spontaneously produced the same problem - hence the download to try to cure the problem. Can you help?

Andrew Ash
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Problem with FTN95 Debugger Personal Edition Reply with quote

Andrew

This sounds very odd. One thing that can cause problems is when the program exists in more than one place (and one of those places is on the path). When the program is debugged the wrong executable is loaded and you see results very similar to the ones you have now. However, having the source in the same directory as the source would suggest it was something else. You could try renaming the source file to something unique and retesting to rule out the alternate load issue. Failing that, can you zip up the .for and .exe and send it to us please.

The 50 line limit: was that a very old compiler/debugger? I recall there being a trial version that was limited to 50 lines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: