forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Launch an External Program from within a ftn95 progr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Silver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: How to Launch an External Program from within a ftn95 progr Reply with quote

A while ago (several months or maybe up to a year I seem to remember, a post appeared on the forums about how to get a seperte program running from within a ftn95 program u get but I can't seem to uncover it.
For example, how do you get say 'paint' to open at a certain point in a program, and is it possible to get it to open within the bounds of an existing window so that it can't be dragged away outside of it.
(A bit like having a child window set up within a main window, but the child window being the launched external app)

I also vaguely remember coming across an example somewhere in the documentation but I'm lost as to where that was too.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of ways but the first thing to try could be to call START_PROGRAM@ or START_PPROGRAM@. One waits the other does not wait.

Making it run within your own window? Off hand I don't know how to do that.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROCESS
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn predictive text ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: