forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is DBK_LINK.EXE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Where is DBK_LINK.EXE Reply with quote

I get the message DBK_LINK.EXE not found on path. So, I'd like to add it to path but where the hell is it?

At this point, I'm almost tempted to go back to my old compiler which, while 5 years old, actually works when I want it to.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Where is DBK_LINK.EXE Reply with quote

If you are thinking of going back to your old compiler then I guess you are not intending to use .NET.

DBK_LINK is only used when linking a .NET assembly. If you do not want .NET then you need to remove /CLR from the FTN95 command line (or select a Win32 configuration from Plato).

DBK_LINK should be in your Salford compiler folder (normally C:Program FilesSalford SoftwareFTN95). The default installation process automatically adds this folder to the PATH environment variable. If it is not there, and you really want to use .NET, then you will need to re-install FTN95.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Where is DBK_LINK.EXE Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll try reinstalling again, perhaps third time is the charm. Just one more question, is there anyway that you could see anti-virus or anti-spyware programs blocking the installation of DBK_LINK?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Where is DBK_LINK.EXE Reply with quote

Not really.

If the installation is not complete then you may need a new download, i.e. it may the downloading that has not worked correctly.
Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Where is DBK_LINK.EXE Reply with quote

FTN95 certainly works, so all it looks like we have here is either an installation or configuration problem. There are a couple of potential things that have not yet been covered, which could help out.

One potential problem is that the PATH environment variable is too long already and the installer was not able to add the Salford folder to the PATH. Although if you are getting as far as calling DBK_LINK.EXE then I guess you have already managed to compile using the compiler executable FTN95.EXE. If we are talking Windows XP then the maximum length of an environment variable is 1024 characters pre SP2 and 2048 post SP2.

DBK_LINK.EXE will not be installed if the .NET components are not installed (.NET components can be deselected during the install process if you so wish) and if this is the case then the compiler can only be used to produce Win32 executables and as Paul pointed out, the command line switch /CLR must not be used, or if using Visual Studio/Plato3 then non .NET configurations only should be specified.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: