forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Native %PL - User-spec. x-axis Ranges
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, seems I'm not going to get a fuller explanation (at least for the moment) so let's step back to the top of the post and these observations on what I thought had been or were going to be fìxed bugs (remember my code is based on the native %pl example 2) ....

Quote:
Oh, note also Paul that the plot in the documentation is not the correct one produced if you run the code unchanged !!!

Note also that a few of the 'old annoying chestnuts' previously identified still seem to be present ....

i) the axes captions are still centred only on the possitive segment of the axes

ii) the y-caption (default position) is still too close to the y labels (yes I know there's the workaround, which I removed in order to test, but there should be some spacing there by default !)
also the x-caption offset fronm the axis/labels seems to be quite large, which for example, when the new 'frame' option is used to put the axes outside the plot space, would take up quite a large amount of (white) space especially for smaller plots

''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take a look at the documentation and the image presented (I am trusting that it is an important error).

Item i) My guess is that this is what most users would want and expect.

Item ii) I agree, there is room for improvement. (It is surprisingly difficult to get the position just right for various fonts etc.)

Never-the-less, I am still hopeful that %pl will prove to be a useful addition to the library.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I despair.

I can only think that the reason for resistance of these simple things being corrected is because the work was outsourced and there are no funds for it to be even corrected, or worse, that it's a coccooned untouchable module a la Simpleplot.
It'll come back to bite will all this I'm sure.

P.S. the plot is different, the degree of difference is irrelevant. If you run the code and don't get the same plot what conclusion can you make but that you've done something wrong !
to be honest I'm beginning to wonder why I bother pointing out things like this when I come across them.

thanks for at least looking at them.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, Accepting that you're not going to do any more fixes for native %pl, at least in the short-medium term,
Maybe you could please take a look at the post about re-sizing several %gr areas in this post where we seem to have hit a brick wall with updates in the call back functions on re-sizing (or in fact just clicking in the window)always being done in the last created %gr/window.
http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=3744&start=15
It kind of restricts slightly the functionality of mdi's with %gr's to using a single %gr !
Thanks.

Last edited by John-Silver on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Please look at my answer to the post you cross-referenced.

Eddie
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eddie Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: