forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

native %pl --> User-drawn Captions - Info. Reqd.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

This sounds like it would require a major rewrite of something that was only intended as a stop gap. The native %pl makes no attempt to match "professional" graph plotting software given that is it only a very small part of a vast library.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to a new set of DLLs together with the other files mentioned above. This fixes all currently known issues in the release of FTN95 v8.30.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zjxnvmlgvrx4ov/newDLLs23.zip?dl=0
John-Silver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the dlls Paul.
... but where are we (that's the royal we) with release of Personal v8.3 ?
it seems to have lagged again after the most recent crystal-ball-er of 'a week or so' (by 'the management' not yourself) which was the weather forecast about 3 weeks ago now I think it was.

P.S. - something I mentioned a while ago, I stil lthink it would be a good idea to put all dll release in one particular location as well as on the specific related post(s). If one misses a post with the dlls in it's a real bugger at times to dig through searching for them, what with the restrictions of phpBB search facility. Suggest to your management and see what they say.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "

Last edited by John-Silver on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:13 am; edited 3 times in total
John-Silver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you said, concerning v8.3 and the dlls:-
Quote:
This fixes all currently known issues in the release of FTN95 v8.30.

This doesn't appear to be the case for for %pl known issues, a few of which have already so far poppd up again here (alongside a new one) ...
http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?p=24503#24503
I haven't systematically tested all the niggly issues identified in the %pl posts these last months. I'm sure others will check theirs and let you know.

I take on-board what you saiy about it being
Quote:
something that was only intended as a stop gap.

I don't think anyone was expecting
Quote:
The native %pl makes no attempt to match "professional" graph plotting software

at all, ever.

But, a few of the very simplest 'basics' still seem to be coming up short, and I know you've said several times that you've had to put things on the backburner bcasue of other priorities, but the lack of tidying up of more of those uì'issues already identified is a little disappointing.

I'm dreading (as you probably are) :O) going on to doing a bit of log plotting because of the likelihood of there still being particular issues there too.

Just my opinion of course and I know there have been some good enhancements/fixes implemented which have solved specific issues for particular users particular plots, so all is not bìnegative, by any means.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

I suggest that you post simple code for any remaining bugs.
Just one at a time please - i.e. post one and wait till I report that it has been fixed.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood, which is why I used one of the FTN95 examples as a starting point, as in
http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=3769
John-Silver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
back on Mar 28 ... 2018 you wrote:
Quote:
The [title=xxx] option is optional - if you don't use it then you don't get a title.

a) I don't think that GET_PLOT_DATA@ is inaccurate - a least not in the latest version.

b) The latest version includes [full_mouse_input], [box_selection], etc. from %gr. Then you can get pixel data from clearwin_info@("GRAPHICS_MOUSE_X").

This will be illustrated in a ClearWin+ demo program that will be released shortly (about two weeks).

Where can we find that demo progam please ?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to a ClearWin+ demo program that may be the one referred to...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28fcogsfy943cxf/demo.f95?dl=0
John-Silver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: