forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AVX required ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a simple matter to provide an option that removes the restriction and this may be helpful in the short term when there are still a few end users with non-AVX 64 bit processors.
EKruck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three of those customers under maintenance.
EKruck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
it would be really helpfull to have an option to switch AVX off, and it would save me a lot of time.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erwin

I can add an option today but I am not sure how soon it will be before we deliver a new FTN95.
EKruck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
is there any possibility to receive it in advance?
John-Silver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wroted:
Quote:
This restriction is not actually needed right now. It has been included for the purposes of ongoing development in which we aim to use AVX in the outcome of the optimisation process.

Am I right in jumpinfėg the gun and assuming that current 'ongoing development' is focussed on the optimisation front which is maybe delaying and holding up release of the next version (and hence maybe preventing users getting their mitts on the next beta dlls & the evidently chicken town personal version) ?
We'll shortly be 4 months down the line from the last release and still no perso version on the horizon (or under it for that matter).

I'd be the first to agree that paying customers hould get releases in advance of the perso version, that's normal, but it's not so much the delay itself but the seeing no end to the tunnel (i.e. an anticipated perso release date) that is somewhat dsconcerting, for me anyway who's keen to see how much %pl came along in the last update ! Plotting for me is essential cookie and I couldn't possibly justify either to myself or to potential clients (I'm a consultant) the purchase of ftn95 without adequate plotting facilities. Hence the need to check out the progress.
''Computers (HAL and MARVIN excepted) are incredibly rigid. They question nothing. Especially input data.Human beings are incredibly trusting of computers and don't check input data. Together cocking up even the simplest calculation ... Smile "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> 64-bit All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: