forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website Search Box 'Bug' ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Silver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Website Search Box 'Bug' ? Reply with quote

This is a minor point but boy is it bugging me a lot lately ...

When I want to search if I go to the search bos top right of the website, if I put the cursor over the left-most half of the search box and click then nothing happens.
Only if the cursor is over the rh half does the cursor change to an 'I' shape and then clicking is possible and the cursor appears well in the lh side of the empty search box.

The lh half of the search box appears to be 'inactive' until the click is eventually made.

Annoying, extremely annoying.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't notice anything. What browsers show that, Edge, Opera, Firefox, Chrome? Do you see that on your cellphone browser?
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox.

Cellphone ? what's a cellphone - never owned one ! not wishing to fry my brains !
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Chrome or Opera, they all are now not much different. Edge is buggier. Safari is worst.

As to frying brains - when you are in sauna the IR from it frying brain 1000 stronger. I don't know if you consume or not but always good to take in mind and pass to the children that even worse is effect on brain cells from all kinds of alcohol which was not aged (the main purpose of aging is to reduce the most active fractions of all kinds of brewing process aldehydes not just the better taste like everyone thinks. This is why whiskey need to be kept for at least 12 years. Anything else still have dangerous active fractions. neer probably is the worst). And really bad are the panoramic x-rays and even worse are CT scans, specifically dental ones (which actually scan the the whole your head. They are equivalent to 10000 regular dental x-rays)

Smartphone if the screen size is large is essentially your pocket computer, voice command assistant, always needed GPS, email on the go, alarm and a lot more. If you afraid radiation when it is near your hear (which by the way goes mostly through and is not destroying your DNA like x-rays) use headphones. And thephoto and video cameras quality of latest smartphones surpass any 10 years old tech, including almost all $5-10K price tag DSLRs. Are you last on this planet the ultimate technophob? Smile
John-Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered why this was happening !
If the browser window is 'enlarged' (using the mouse wheel in my case) the problem occurs. If you xpand beyond a certain size it's impossible to select the search box with the mouse !
I don't know if this is a firefox specific problem or one of the website html code.
Maybe people with browsers other than firefox could try and let us know.

thanks for the info. re- other dangerous substances Dan. Ver yinteresting the explanation of the ageing process, I like most people assumed it was simply for taste enhancement.
As I don't like whiskey ! ... nor for that matter tea ! (possibly the worst noxious substance container alive !) I'm not affected by those although wine and cheap beer I'm sure have similar contents.
The argument of 'well there are a million things worse' doesn't negate the dangers of the portable dog though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: