forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clearwin+ dialogs in W10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Clearwin+ dialogs in W10 Reply with quote

Paul,

One of our products has now been ported over to Delphi as the wrapper, with Fortran included as a dll. This is working well.

Our concern is with the Clearwin+ dialogs. These fire up fine and the operator would never know the platform had changed. However, running on W10, we notice that clicking outside the dialog, for example on the main window, sends the dialog behind this main window. W7 & W8 do not show this trait.

Admittedly, the dialog can be returned back by clicking the dialog icon on the taskbar. Just as well, otherwise the user has real hardship getting hold of the dialog again.

But isn’t W10 working as expected ? a dialog in W10 does not show up as a tiled icon behind the main app on the taskbar. This would suggest the parent / child relationship has been established. So why is Clearwin+ doing this ? Clearwin+ may well have been creating this extra tiled icon on the taskbar ever since we started using it.

Don’t get me wrong, Clearwin+ was a breath of fresh air for us, but we are now wondering if we may be using the tools incorrectly. Or is W10 moving the goalposts ?

We are still on an old tried and tested version of Clearwin+, have our concerns already been addressed ?

Many thanks.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

The behaviour should not have changed. I would need a simple demo program in order to work out where the fault lies.
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting an example is going to take some time. I would be most grateful if you could run a Fortran application of your own that has Clearwin+ dialogs.

1. In W7 or W8 if you fire up the dialog, does a second tiled icon appear alongside the main app's icon in the taskbar ? For us, this has always been the case. Other applications that run in W10 do not display the tiled icon.

2. In W7 or W8 with the dialog presented, if you click the main app's window, Windows flashes and expects you to continue with the window that is in focus, ie the dialog just displayed. In W10, does your dialog disappear behind the main window ? This is what happens to our Fortran applications.

In our code we do not specifically use %fr, %aw, %`lw nor %ch. Thus, no intended definition of parent / child relationships. Nor do we use the API SetParent.

Grateful for your observations, Paul.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

Unfortunately I am not able to do that. The chances of my being able to reproduce your experience from these instructions are too remote.

I would need a simple working program in order to make any progress.
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

I appreciate the concern and I shall get something together in due course.

My request was simply to request feedback on any - testdata - application that you may have. A quick check to see if the 2 concerns I have apply.

If you find that there are no multiple tiled icons appearing on the taskbar and that clicking into the main app window outside of a dialog does not send the dialog behind the main window in W10, then our creation of the 'standard' dialog that we generate must be a concern. If this is the case then I shall need to present this to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: